In the new year, we often make resolutions, and one of our favorite goals for 2023 is to travel more! Thankfully, our Hood River Bed and Breakfast is not only perfect for a quick weekend getaway from Portland or Seattle, but also for folks heading to the Northwest for the first time. You’ll love our location and our welcoming hospitality.
Hood River, OR, nestled in the Columbia River Gorge, is the ideal destination for picturesque hikes, rushing waterfalls, locally brewed ales. farm-to-table dining, and Oregon wine tasting. You’ll find so many amazing things to do here, whether you’re visiting for a romantic getaway, a friend’s trip, or a solo retreat to focus on self-care. We also offer massage services at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast for the ultimate rejuvenation.
Our Hood River Bed and Breakfast has six elegantly appointed lodging options—each unique and comfortable. While some are geared toward a romantic getaway for two, we also have spacious rooms with kitchenettes—ideal for small family vacations. Our shared backyard space is great for relaxing outdoors by the fire table or in our oversized hot tub. We’ll treat you to a fantastic breakfast each morning of your stay—only one more reason the Inn at the Gorge is one of the best places to stay in Hood River. Book today!
The Best Hood River Bed and Breakfast for your Getaway
Our Hood River Bed and Breakfast offers a unique space to call your home base in Oregon. Our 115-year-old home has been meticulously restored to maintain the beautiful architectural details while modernizing the property with needed technological advances and comforts. You’ll find complimentary high-speed wi-fi throughout the Inn, heat and air conditioning, and smart TVs in each guest space.
The lodging options at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast are what really set us apart from big box hotels or other properties in the area. We can offer intimate options for romantic getaways or quiet solo retreats, but we also have more spacious options with kitchenettes and multiple sleeping arrangements.
For example, the Cascade Suite sleeps up to five guests and is equipped with a kitchen with a microwave, stove, and refrigerator. The en suite bathroom has a deep claw foot bathtub for relaxing bubble baths. Updated in 2019, this guest suite is a blend of the Inn’s historic character paired with comfortable and modern appointments and design. This layout is ideal for small families or couples traveling together.
Extra bonus: storage is available for your adventure gear as space allows. As Hood River is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, many guests will bring their bikes, stand-up paddleboards, and more. We have the space to store these valuable items. We offer a long list of amenities and perks for our overnight guests. Here are the best things to do in Hood River at our bed and breakfast:
- Plan a Picnic for Two: We offer a great selection of add-on snacks and treats for our guests, and one of our favorites is a picnic for two! We provide the basket, blanket, wine, and a selection of nibbles for a romantic afternoon on the lawn.
- Rent our E-Bikes: Exploring the Columbia River Gorge and Hood River on E-Bike is an unforgettable experience. We suggest checking out the Mosier Twin Tunnels or the Fruit Loop routes! We offer full-day or half-day rentals.
- Get a Massage: We’ve recently brought back our massage services at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast. Call ahead to book one of our treatments.
- Explore the Art of Sally Bills Bailey: We love supporting local artists, and currently, we’re displaying the works of Sally Bills Bailey, a talented painter who depicts Northwest scenes with vibrant colors. Plan on visiting her gallery for more art and a wealth of knowledge about the area.
- Soak in the Backyard Hot Tub: After a long day on the trails or biking around Hood River, our hot tub is the perfect place to relax and rest those tired muscles.
That’s just a handful of the on-site amenities you find at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast. Read on to find out our favorite things to do in Hood River this year.
The Best Things to do in Hood River at our B&B
Hood River is such a cool small town to explore and the surrounding areas in the Columbia River Gorge are spectacular for outdoor adventures. Plan ahead, and we can pack up a picnic basket for you to go! Here’s a handful of some of the best things to do near our Hood River Bed and Breakfast during your stay:
- The Columbia River Gorge area is a perfect spot for paddle boarding, kayaking, and Kite Surfing. At the Gorge Paddling Center, right in the heart of downtown, find rentals if needed and enjoy the calm waters right off the shore. hit up Cascade Kiteboarding for some excellent one-on-one lessons.
- Hood River Fruit Loop: A must-visit is this 35-mile scenic loop through the farmlands and the countryside and is always at the top of the best things to do in Hood River. Along the way, you’ll discover farm stands with fresh produce and local products. Check the website here before you go for the most up-to-date info on hours of operation.
- Wine tasting: Oregon is of course known for Pinot Noir and there’s no shortage of amazing wineries growing that varietal out in Hood River. Plan a day of tasting and touring your way through the vineyards of the Gorge. Additionally, our Hood River Bed and Breakfast is within walking distance of a handful of lovely wineries
- Dining out: You’ll have your pick from an amazing lineup of restaurants in Hood River. Beautiful outdoor patios with fire pits and mountain views, a large selection of cuisines and styles, and menus packed with local ingredients abound. Many are just a quick drive from our Hood River Bed and Breakfast!
- Beer and Cider: We also enjoy our locally brewed beer and ciders here in Hood River. Local apples and pears are fermented into dry ciders at The Gorge White House, while you’ll find a new twist on Farmhouse brews at Ferment and Belgium ales at pFriem Family Brewers in the downtown core.
- Biking: One of the best things to do in Hood River is explore the area by bike. We offer E-bike rentals at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast to take out on the nearby trails or for riding around downtown. If you’re looking for more of a challenge, check out Hood River Mountain Bike Adventures for guided tours.
This is just the beginning of all the exciting things to do in Hood River on your next getaway. Check out our upcoming availability at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast in the new year, and book your room today!