Oregon is known as an industry leader for growing and producing some of the best Pinot Noir in the world, and there’s a lovely selection of Hood River wineries for sipping and swirling this delicate varietal. The vineyards in the Columbia Gorge area thrive due to the ideal climate, with dry summers, wet winters, and mountain ranges serving as barriers to more drastic weather conditions. Visiting this collection of Hood River wineries is such a lovely addition to your next getaway to Oregon!
Due to the picturesque locations of these Hood River wineries, you’ll have a front-row seat for stunning views of sweeping vineyards in the shadow of Mount Hood and Mount Adams. Many of these fantastic wineries and vineyards are along the Hood River Fruit Loop, a collection of local farms and businesses within a 35-mile loop for farm fresh goods, wine flights, beer on draft, cider tasting, and art on display.
As a guest at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in the ideal location to head out and explore, whether on foot, e-bike (we have rentals!), or by car to these nearby Hood River wineries. A handful of these establishments are in downtown Hood River, but the vineyards are really a special outing with more than just wine tasting. Back at the Inn, you’ll be welcomed with open arms, comfortable guest rooms, and a laid-back atmosphere. We can’t wait to host you; reserve your lodging today!
The 8 Best Hood River Wineries for Oregon Wine Tasting
The Columbia River Gorge American Viticulture Area (AVA) lies in the river corridor between Washington and Oregon. While it’s a relatively small growing area compared to the Willamette Valley, you can find a “world of wine within 40 miles” at these Hood River wineries.
If you’re looking for the best wineries near Hood River, here are eight we recommend:
- Stave and Stone Wine Estates: This winery has two fantastic locations: a downtown tasting room and a vineyard with stunning views of Mt. Adams from the outdoor patio, the perfect place to sip on local Pinot Noir rosé. The vineyard sits adjacent to Hood River Lavender Farm—another lovely place to visit on the Hood River Fruit Loop.
- Evoke Winery: This downtown tasting room with beautiful views of the Columbia River is only a half-mile from our Inn, and it’s family and pet-friendly. Find a cozy spot on the heated patio for tasty pours and small bites.
- Hiyu Wine Farm: Located just 22 miles from the peak of Mount Hood, this boutique winery offers a unique experience with carefully crafted wines and farm-to-table meals. One of the most memorable experiences in Hood River!
- The Gorge White House: At this family-owned and operated farm, you can enjoy not only wine but also house-made ciders, fresh produce, berries, and flowers to take home. Take the time to stroll the beautiful grounds and grab lunch at the food truck.
- Marchesi Vineyards: Known as one of the best Hood River wineries for Italian varietals, head to their beautiful outdoor patio for a fantastic flight of these delicious Oregon-grown wines. Admire the rolling hills and fragrant roses while enjoying the bouquet of Columbia Valley-grown Nebbiolo.
- Hood Crest Winery and Distillers: At this estate tasting room, you’ll find more than just wine! This family-owned and operated serves an array of wine flights, craft cocktails, wood-fired pizzas, and much more.
- Viento Winery: If you’re looking for old-vine Riesling grown on-site, this is one of the best Hood River wineries for this old-school pour. They also offer bright sparkling wines and Pinot Noir not to miss.
- Wy’ East Vineyards: If you like the sound of estate-grown Pinot Noir, bocce ball, and stunning vineyard views, head to this Hood River winery. Bonus: It’s just over 10 minutes from our Inn.
Location & Luxury at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast
Area hotels can’t compare with our personalized service, amenities, and complimentary services, including a wholesome breakfast, parking, and backyard hot tub at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast. There’s something extraordinary about a hosted stay, where your lodging becomes a part of your getaway rather than just a place to keep your things and sleep at night.
Our location puts you in the perfect place to explore all of the best things to do in Hood River, like wine tasting at the local Hood River wineries and so much more. If you’re here for relaxation, you’ll want to add on one of our relaxation massages with our talented therapist—especially for outdoor enthusiasts who may be pushing their bodies to the max on excursions in the Gorge.
Our kitchen comes to life each morning with delicate aromas and a quiet buzz. Our dedicated staff and owner create breakfasts to keep you going throughout the day. Using local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible, our creative dishes appeal to many palates, and we’re more than happy to accommodate dietary restrictions or preferences. Check out our upcoming availability and reserve your lodging today!