Our small town along the Columbia River has so many fantastic Hood River Restaurants for indoor and outdoor dining. Many talented chefs, brewers, and winemakers call Hood River home, creating a culinary hub in the Gorge. You’ll find anything from casual brew pubs serving fresh-baked Bavarian pretzels to full-scale fine dining establishments whipping up some of the best seafood dishes around.
Hood River is a hidden gem, located only one hour from downtown Portland, two hours from Salem, and just under four hours from Seattle—it’s a leisurely road trip for your next getaway! Our small Oregon town is nestled in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge with absolutely stunning views of Mount Hood, hidden waterfalls, and lush emerald green forests. Most of the area surrounding the town is dedicated farmland, creating a bounty of fresh ingredients frequently used on the menus at these Hood River restaurants.
First, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our Hood River Bed and Breakfast is an experience unto itself. Unlike impersonal stays at AirBNB or chain hotels, you’ll be treated to a hosted stay with complimentary breakfast each morning and warm service from our Innkeeper and staff members. We’re always happy to offer advice on the best hikes, outdoor recreation, and which Hood River restaurants to add to your itinerary.
Head over to our booking calendar and get your reservation set up today!
The Best Hood River Restaurants for Outdoor Dining
Exploring the outdoors, spending the day on the water, or hiking in the Gorge are the most popular pastimes in our riverside town. And the best way to wrap up those days is with a delicious meal and a tasty beverage at one of the many incredible Hood River restaurants.
Here are six of the best Hood River restaurants for enjoying a meal al fresco this summer:
- Solstice Wood Fire Pizza: This waterfront cafe and bar serves up creative wood-fired pizza, sharable appetizers, and fun craft cocktails.
- Riverside Restaurant: Located directly on the shores of the Columbia River, this fine dining restaurant offers classic Italian fare with modern twists and local ingredients.
- Sixth Street Bistro and Pub: Hit the back patio for beers, burgers, and more at this local hangout. They source their ingredients from local farms and businesses whenever possible.
- Ferment Brewing Company: This open and airy brewpub is an excellent choice of Hood River restaurants for outdoor dining. Plus stunning views, a killer fried chicken sandwich, and handcrafted ales.
- pFriem Family Brewers: Bring the whole family to this local brewery for share plates, seafood mains, and a special kids menu.
- Double Mountain Brewery: A longtime go-to in Hood River for lively lunches and decadent dinners, this brewpub is a lovely spot downtown.
Elegant Outdoor Spaces at our Hood River Inn
One of the newest additions to our offerings at Inn at the Gorge is our daily happy hour! We’re serving a small menu of goodies from 4 – 6 pm: a time when our guests are often found lounging around with beverages on our comfy front porch or terrace. We’re pairing these with beer and wine, including local selections from Double Mountain Brewery, pFriem, Everybody’s Brewing, Full Sail, and Working Hands, and wines from Evoke, Idiot’s Grace, Analemma, COR, and Syncline. These can be pairings for our charcuteries and hummus plates or casual accompaniments to in-house snacks. The perfect appetizer before heading out to one of the many excellent Hood River restaurants!
While you’ll love your cozy and comfortable guest room or suite when you lodge with us, you’ll also have access and be encouraged to make yourself at home in our shared spaces. Our spacious backyard has open seating with a fire table for evenings of wine and conversation. You’ll also love our hot tub for relaxing under the stars and resting those tired muscles. Join us in Hood River before the summer ends! Book today.