One of our favorite stops for a beer in Hood River is pFriem Family Brewers—located directly across from the Hood River Waterfront Park. You’ll enjoy their creative barrel-aged brews, bright and zesty IPAs, and traditional Czech lager, all while soaking up the stunning views of the Columbia River. The modern and airy taproom offers indoor and outdoor fireside seating, one of the best places to enjoy a house-brewed ale and fantastic food options—like their classic pimento cheeseburger.
Josh Pfriem, Ken Whiteman, and Rudy Kellner are the brilliant trio behind this mainstay Pacific Northwest brewery. What began as an idea sparked at a children’s birthday party is now a beer company synonymous with Oregon craft brewing. The list of awards that pFriem Family Brewers has received over the years is lengthy, but one key accolade to mention is the win for 2020 Best Brewery in the World from The Beer Connoisseur—this helped put the Hood River beer scene even more on the map.
For those heading to Hood River with beer tasting in mind, the Inn at the Gorge—a premier Oregon B&B—is an ideal place for your lodging choice. Our location near the downtown core is perfect for exploring the area’s breweries on foot. Additionally, we offer a daily happy hour with local beer selections, including pFriem and many other favorites (as well as charcuterie and cheese boards, wine, and snacks.) Allow our cozy Inn to become a memorable part of your getaway! Head to our availability calendar and start planning your next getaway to Hood River today.
pFriem Family Brewers & More Hood River Breweries
The breweries in Hood River are more than a place to grab a beer. They are gathering spaces for locals and visitors alike with lively atmospheres and fantastic food options. Here are six of our favorite Oregon breweries to check out during your stay:
- pFriem Family Brewers: The tasting room at pFriem is open daily for hearty burgers, fresh salads, and creative share plates. Try a flight of the unique ales, from fruit to sour and hoppy to light; this Oregon brewery is an exemplary example of craft brewing.
- Double Mountain Brewery: This longtime and spacious brewpub in Hood River is known not only for the fantastic ales but also for the wood-fired pizzas and live music.
- Full Sail Brewing: For river views and an outstanding lineup of beers on draft, this stalwart Oregon brewery is always an unforgettable stop during your vacation. Grab a spot on their outdoor heated patio for thoughtfully prepared pub grub like chicken wings, fried pickles, and salmon fish and chips.
- Ferment Brewing: Just next door to the pFriem taproom, this modern brewery showcases farmhouse-style ales brewed with a scientific approach. Find a spot in the upper loft to view the brewers in action!
- Working Hands Fermentation: This local brewery is located within the Slopeswell Cidery for the best of both worlds. The Heights Taproom is a great gathering place to relax after a day of hiking or kayaking nearby. Check out their live music calendar before heading down.
- Everybody’s Brewing: Just across the bridge in White Salmon, WA, this brewery is well worth the quick drive from our bed and breakfast. The tap list is expansive and the food options vast; there’s something for everyone.
A Beautiful Space to Relax in Hood River
During a getaway to Hood River, our guests tend to spend the majority of their time exploring the outdoors and indulging in the local craft beer and food options. As part of your experience at the Inn, we like to offer a space and time to sit back and relax. Let us take care of your needs during the time between hikes, bike rides, kitesurfing, and strolling in downtown Hood River. So be sure to join us for happy hour in the afternoon for local brews, wine, and snacks. Bonus: you’ll get to know the Innkeeper and dedicated staff members.
When you’re ready to settle in for the night, your cozy and beautifully appointed guest room or suite will be awaiting your return. Open a bottle of wine and find a comfortable spot on the couch, turn on your favorite movie and cuddle up in your plush king or queen-size bed, or sneak out to the backyard hot tub for a relaxing soak. And to top it all off, you’ll be treated to an organic and locally sourced breakfast each morning of your stay. It’s all here at the Inn at the Gorge! Book your next vacation to Oregon today.