We love wine tasting year-round, and these wineries near Hood River are divine. Our area of Oregon lies within the lesser-known Columbia Gorge American Viticultural Area (AVA), which crosses the border into Washington and lies east of the two great volcanic landmarks: Mount Hood and Mount Adams. In the rainshadow of these mountains, this region is significantly drier than the Portland metropolitan area to the west.
Though you’ll still find plenty of water, as this AVA encompasses four river valleys and drastic elevation changes creating a diverse terroir ideal for growing many different grape varietals. The Columbia Gorge AVA is relatively small, but its tagline is a “world of wine within 40 miles.” Of the nearly 40 vineyards here, you’ll find a great selection of the best wineries near Hood River.
As a guest at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in a fantastic location for exploring the best wineries near Hood River. Some of which are even within walking distance from our Inn, nestled in the downtown area. For those looking to explore the vineyards and tasting rooms, it’s an easy and beautiful drive through the Columbia Gorge AVA. Start your next wine tasting adventure and book your room today!
The Best Wineries near Hood River for Tastings
Wine tasing at these wineries near Hood River is a welcome addition to any vacation. One of the benefits of touring these small vineyards is meeting the winemakers themselves. It’s one of our favorite ways to spend an afternoon in Hood River.
If you’re looking for the best wineries near Hood River, here are eight we recommend:
- Evoke Winery: This downtown tasting room with beautiful views of the Columbia River is only a half-mile from our Inn. Find a cozy spot on the heated patio for tasty pours and small bites.
- Marchesi Vineyards: Also, just a quick drive, head to this Oregon winery with Italian roots for a wine tasting on their lovely outdoor patio. View the rolling hills under fragrant roses and enjoy the bouquet of Columbia Valley grown Nebbiolo.
- Hood Crest Winery and Distillers: While Hood Crest has been closed for the month of January, you’ll be just in time for their reopening in early February. The wine flight menu is extensive with a tasting to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
- Viento Winery: If you’re looking for old-vine Riesling grown on-site, this is one of the best wineries near Hood River. They also offer bright sparkling wines and Pinot Noir not to miss.
- Wy’ East Vineyards: If you like the sound of estate-grown Pinot Noir, bocce ball, and stunning vineyard views, head to this Hood River winery. It’s just over 10 minutes from our Inn.
- Stave and Stone Wine Estates: This is one of the wineries near Hood River that has two awesome locations: the downtown tasting room and winery at the vineyard. For those who head out to the vineyards, you’ll take in a stunning view of Mt. Adams from the outdoor patio while you sip on Pinot Noir Rose.
- Hiyu Wine Farm: For an extraordinary wine tasting and farm-to-table meal, this boutique winery is just 22 miles from the peak of Mount Hood and pairs its delicate wines with beautiful coursed meals.
- The Gorge White House: It’s not just about wine at this family-owned and operated farm; you’ll also find house-made ciders, food prepared with fresh produce, and berries and flowers to take home.
Join us for the Best Breakfast in Hood River
Our creative culinary team is led by our talented executive chef Keith Potter. He shares a common vision for impeccable hospitality and supports our local purveyors and farmers (whenever feasible) in the Hood River area. Each morning of your stay, enjoy our freshly prepared sweet and savory meal combinations, an extensive beverage selection, and welcoming service. There’s no better way to kick off your day filled with outdoor adventures or wine tasing!
After a restful night’s sleep in one of our six elegant guest rooms, you’ll be ready to explore the best wineries near Hood River and all that the Northwest has to offer. Throughout your stay, partake in our Inn’s fantastic amenities, including our seven-person spacious backyard hot tub, beautiful outdoor spaces with seating, a fire table for evenings under the stars, and cozy nooks at our Bed and Breakfast. Book your stay today!