This area of the Northwest is an outdoor lover’s paradise, especially in summer time. Here we’ll fill you in on our top ten favorite things to do in Hood River this warm, sunny season. Spoiler alert: a lot of these activities are outside and end with an adult beverage. Hood River is known for it’s amazing trails and parks, but we’re also one of the leaders in tasty locally made beer, cider, and wine.
Of course, you’ve heard all about Hood River cherries, and while the season might be wrapping up right about now, there’s still much to explore along the Hood River Fruit Loop Trail. This is by far one of the best things to do in Hood River this summer. Due to this abundance of local produce and farms, our Hood River restaurants are serving up absolutely fabulous dishes and experiences. There’s no shortage of great food here.
As a guest at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be quick to realize that staying here is one of the best things to do in Hood River. From our elegant suites and common areas to our delicious local breakfasts and back yard hot tub, it’s a little slice of Northwest paradise at the Inn at the Gorge. We can’t wait to host you! Book your stay today.
Our 10 Favorite Things to do in Hood River This Summer
Summer in the Northwest is beautiful, sunny clear days give off to cool breezy evenings. Spending as much time outdoors, be it hiking, kayaking or dining, that can all happen here. Since a lot of our guests come to this area packing extra gear, we’ve got you covered at the Inn with complimentary storage for you bigger rigs, like bikes, paddle boards, or kayaks.
Here are our 10 favorite things to do in Hood River:
- Paddle Boarding: The Columbia River Gorge area is a perfect spot for paddle boarding. At the Gorge Paddling Center, right in the heart of downtown, find rentals if needed and enjoy the calm waters right off the shore.
- Kayaking: For those who prefer to sit down on their adventures on the water, kayaking along the Columbia River is a treat. Hood River SUP and Kayak offers rentals, tours, and lessons for those who want to pick up some new skills.
- Kite Surfing: It’s amazing to look out on the water and see the kite surfers out on the Columbia. It’s a tricky sport to learn, but thankfully there are a few spots in town with all of the gear and knowledge. Plan ahead book some lessons with Cascade Kiteboarding.
- Hood River Fruit Loop: This 35-mile scenic loop though the farmlands and countryside is for sure one of the best things to do in Hood River. Along the way you’ll discover farm stands with fresh and fantastic produce and local products. Check the website here before you go for the most up-to-date info on openings and hours of operation.
- Hiking and Multnomah Falls: As a guest at our Hood River Bed and Breakfast, you’ll only be about 30-minutes drive from one of the most popular waterfalls in all of the Northwest. You’ll find stunning views, awesome hikes, and make some incredible memories. The Columbia Gorge offers miles and miles of beautiful hiking options as well.
- Wine tasting: Oregon is of course known for Pinot Noir and there’s no shortage of amazing wineries growing that varietal out in Hood River. Plan a day wine tasting your way through the Gorge. Additionally, our Inn is in downtown Hood River, which means you’ll be walking distance to a handful of lovely wineries on your stay.
- Dining out: You’ll have your pick from an amazing line up of restaurants in Hood River. Beautiful outdoor patios with fire pits and mountain views, a large selection of cuisines and styles, and menus packed with local ingredients abound.
- Beer and Cider: We also enjoy our locally brewed beer and ciders here in Hood River. Local apples and pears are fermented into dry ciders at The Gorge White House, while you’ll find a new twist on Farmhouse brews at Ferment and Belgium ales at pFriem Family Brewers in the downtown core.
- Biking: One of the best things to do in Hood River is explore the area by bike. There are E-bike rentals for riding around downtown. As well as great mountain biking trails. Join Hood River Mountain Bike Adventures for guided tours.
- Hot Tubbing: After a long day exploring the wilderness and the local eateries, head back to the Inn for a soak in our private back yard hot tub. It’s truly the best spot in Hood River for a glass of wine and to wind down after a big day.
Stay at Our Hood River Lodging for a Summer of Fun
One of the ultimate things to do in Hood River is to stay at our Bed and Breakfast! We aim to be as welcoming as we can be and make every element of your vacation with us relaxing and rejuvenating. Our backyard area is the perfect spot to kick back, put your feet up by the fire and enjoy a glass of Hood River wine. Or retreat back to your spacious guest suite fully equipped with high end amenities for a luxurious evening in privacy.
Start planning your next getaway to Oregon packed with all of the best things to do in Hood River. First things first, book with us!