One thing is for sure, our area is home to so many incredible Hood River wineries and breweries. Due to our amazing location in the Columbia River Gorge area, there’s no shortage of vineyards and hops farms, and this translates directly to lots of tasty wine and beer to imbibe on any trip here. The majority of these Hood River wineries and breweries are dedicated to sustainable farming and supporting local at all costs.
Many Hood River wineries and breweries also offer dining options. You’ll find unique menus, from farm-to-table focused or international cuisines to pair with these local beverages. Planning to tour these local wineries and breweries is a must on any visit to Hood River, Oregon. Here, we’ll point out some of our favorites of these Hood River wineries and breweries to add to your itinerary.
Our Hood River Bed and Breakfast is in the ultimate downtown location for exploring these Hood River wineries and breweries. You’ll find many of these options within walking distance or a short bike or car ride. It’s such a treat to do a local wine and beer tour this close to your lodging. As always, make sure to bring a bottle of wine or a six-pack back to enjoy in the backyard hot tub.
Our Top Five Downtown Hood River Wineries to Visit
While there are many Hood River wineries to visit outside city limits in the surrounding farm areas, you’ll find a handful of downtown tasting rooms that are perfect for an afternoon near our Inn. These Hood River wineries are all within the vicinity of one another, so it’s easy to wine bar hop and check out the diverse selection.
Here are our top five downtown Hood River wineries to check out:
- Stoltz Winery: Take in panoramic views of the Columbia River Gorge from this Hood River winery situated above the downtown corridor. Come enjoy single barrel batches of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in the “Mansion on the Hill” one of the oldest houses in all of Hood River.
- Cerulean: This is one of the Hood River wineries owned by people who pride themselves on creating wine for everyone with “additive and attitude free wine.” These natural wines are lovely to taste through on an afternoon exploring all of the downtown Hood River wineries.
- Upsidedown Wine: Find a spot on one of the sleek black or white couches at this modern tasting room. This is one of the Hood River Wineries that had to pivot to survive during the pandemic and they’ve come out thriving with a brand new production facility. Check out the downtown tasting room for rose and big red varietals.
- Mylan Wines: This cozy tasting room in downtown Hood River is a great spot to try these local Columbia Gorge wines, but they also offer a line-up of wine from around the world. They produce small batch with minimal bottles per vintage, so it’s really a treat to check out their Viognier and Cabernet Franc.
- Cascade Cliffs Winery: This is one of the Hood River wineries that requires an appointment for tasting. Plan ahead and book a time online to try these classic varietals grown in Washington State.
Our Top Five Hood River Breweries to Visit
Hood River is filled with outdoor adventure experiences, including hiking, biking, kayaking and kite boarding. After these strenuous excursions, there’s nothing better than visiting these Hood River breweries to refuel with a locally brewed ale and hearty pub grub options.
Here are our top five downtown Hood River Breweries to check out:
- Double Mountain Brewery: This is one of the older Hood River Breweries in the area. As their flagship location, this brewery works towards crafting beer as sustainably as possible. Grab a bar stool and pair a tasty local brew with one of their brick-oven pizzas.
- Ferment Brewing Company: Visit this modern brewery crafting farmhouse-style ales with a thoughtful food menu with creative burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Don’t miss the award-winning pale ale and biere de garde, a bottle conditioned farmhouse ale.
- pFriem Family Brewers: There’s a large selection of house brewed beers here, from lagers and IPAs to barrel aged darks and sours. Pair those with the pimento cheese burger or the homemade mac and cheese, and your afternoon will be set.
- Everybody’s Brewing: This is one of the Hood River breweries that’s just a hop over the bridge into White Salmon, WA, but it’s worth the quick trip. You’ll find burritos, sandwiches, and pub classics here for refueling, as well as an approachable line-up of house brewed ales.
- Full Sail Brewing Company: This casual brew pub has been one of the more popular Hood River breweries since its opening in the late 80s. Find their classic line up of beers with a traditional pub grub menu for lunch and dinner hours.
Come Find the Most Amazing Views Near Our B&B
There’s something truly magical about this part of the northwest. In the shadow of Mood Hood, fields of lavender, hops, and vineyards thrive. Our Hood River Bed and Breakfast is a stone’s throw to these beautiful landscapes, while in the heart of downtown near all of the best things to do in Hood River. Our town is full of amazing craftspeople, especially at these local Hood River wineries and breweries.
At our Hood River Inn, you’ll find a complete escape and sink into the relaxing vibe of each of our six guest suites. Many of our room choices are spacious and an ideal pick for couples traveling together or families who love the outdoors. For an extended stay, the Garden Suite is the best pick. This options sleeps up to five people and has a kitchenette and en-suite bath with claw foot tub. We can’t wait to host you! Book your stay today!